DETECTING FAKE FACEBOOK POSTINGS FROM YOUR FRIENDS.


By CM Lim


A number of Facebook fake posting incidents happened among a few of my friends lately.
You see posting from your friends asking you to Like, Share or click to view content, I don't know what happen after you Like or Click them, but I do know, my friends have no knowledge of those posting, contents were not found on their Timeline.
I fear what if this happens to me...



ONE WAY OF DETECTING IF IT'S FAKE

The last incident happened on June 22nd, 2016, I was alerted to a fake posting from a friend in our WhatsApp group asking the victim whether he posted 2 sleazy content on his Facebook, and it came to light that the postings were fake, masqueraded behind my friend's profile picture. I check my Facebook update and saw those fake posting too, next I try deleting those posts and get an error message shown in the top right corner that read "There was an error processing your request", no option to delete the post.

Fake post




I pull down the menu on another normal post from other friends, I get the usual menu options.



Normal post

Apparently, the person who posts it had hidden the identity.
About 30 minutes later, those Fake posts all disappeared without a trace.

So, if you suspect a bogus fake post, pull down the menu to check and you may be doing a big favor in informing your friend if things don't seem right.

And for extra precaution, change password, logout, and log in again.

Thank you for reading and feel free to comment on similar experiences.




DETECTING FAKE FACEBOOK POSTINGS FROM YOUR FRIENDS.


Comments

Popular Posts